The reason this title is in quotes is because when I asked Cole what the title of my first blog should be, these were his exact words, in a partial-supportive/partial-sarcastic answer :)
Since this is the first post, I should probably update my oh-so many readers about what is going on in the lives of the OP Winblad's.
Well, the three of us have been enjoying passing around coughs, runny noses, congestion, and other pleasant cold symptoms for the past week. I have a feeling Oliver brought this home to share from daycare last week, but it has since mixed with the bugs I get to dance around with all day at work (strep, flu, etc.) and has formed a bug that has gone on to not only invade our ability to breath out of our noses, but also the ability to sleep, taste, think coherently, etc.
Other than this, Oliver has added many new words to his vocabulary. "Up" after he has taken about 3 bites of whatever meal we are eating and decides it is time to get get "up" and play; "out" again, used in conjunction with "up" when wanting to get out of eating and into playing instead. (I may have a bit of a sarcastic tone here, but it has come in handy some). "Eyes" when he points to our eyes, and when I say "point" I use that term loosely to actually mean poke our eyes out, and his own :) "BuBye" this is, yes, as cute as can be.
Something NEW I discovered he can do is sign language. The other day when I went to pick him up after he got done telling me "up" a few many times, I asked if he was all done and I noticed he stuck his hands in the air and started moving them back and forth. I, of course, just brushed it off as I have the smartest son, whom will soon be entering Princeton; until the following day it dawned on me that although I have chosen not to teach him sign language, and actual words instead, he does go to daycare three days a week with 5 other kids. Although, I'm sure he taught the other kids this and has since moved on to teaching mommy a few new tricks.
Cole and I are enjoying the minimal time we get to spend together before going to bed, yes, around 9:00pm every night. Although, again, I use the term "spending time together" loosely as we are both sitting in the living room, on separate couches, on our own computers, not talking... aw, the beauties of parenthood :)
Well, I really am going to head to bed now, praying Oliver sleeps longer than three hours this evening. He has been doing really well, sleeping for 10-12 hours at night, but since the cough has settled in, he spends most of his nights coughing :(
Peace, love, and Sudafed
Vintage Chicago Postcards
13 years ago

Welcome to the blogosphere. Nice update. Hope that your little guy feels better. Jack is hoping that Bella will make an appearance on the blog at some point :)
ReplyDeleteYeaaa...welcome to blogging! It's fun! I'm following you now! :) love you guys, jenny
ReplyDeleteLove the blog, Ashley!
ReplyDeleteHi Ashley! Just found your blog through Jenny's! Your little boy is ADORABLE!!! Oh my goodness! Welcome to blogging :)
ReplyDeleteWow I'm impressed.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Mom