




Well, I am not only still in disbelief that it is 2010, but now, that January is completely over. Time flies, and I feel like I can never catch up!!
January was a very fun month for us! Cole and I were able to go away for a weekend for our anniversary, the first time since well before Oliver was born; thanks to Grammie and Poppie (whom came to watch an (of course) angelic Oliver). Then, well, lets just say it was fun and eventful :)
Oliver is feeling much better, we had a scare over the weekend after a doctor telling us he may have chickenpox...... I know what you're all thinking, "Who gets chickenpox anymore?" ESPECIALLY my son?!?!?! But, with relief, the rash went away 24 hours later, so I'm still left wondering what in the world it was, but then again, I'm always worrying about something, so might as well be about Oliver :)
What Oliver is up to now: Pointing to body parts: head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hair, foot. His favorite is "eyes," although I think I've already bragged about this one in my last post... He LOVES his Bibles or "Boble", he has 3 of his own and has now found mine. It's kind of strange how he knows that the four different bibles, 3 of them Children's - 2 of these being board book/picture bibles; 1 my actual bible; are all bibles. Once he finds them he does not want to put them down, which then usually turns into a major event in our household... Maybe we have a preacher on our hands?
Oliver has been quite a little pistol lately. Testing the waters with he can/can't get away with. Needless to say, my mom just reminds me, (I think a little too often) that I was her "most difficult child." Hmmm, I think that what she's REALLY trying to say is, "Oh, I'm sorry Oliver's acting up, but man, am I enjoying just sitting on the bleachers waiting to give him a cookie the next time I see him..." Ah, how the miraculous change of parenthood to grand-parenthood happens IMMEDIATELY once a grandchild is born. Anyhoo, Oliver's not been sleeping very well, since he has had this ear infection, causing his very tired parents to put him in bed with them in the middle of the night... yes, I know what Freud would say, but weren't his kids irreversibly screwed up??? I do love to cuddle with my little cuddlebug at night, but lately it's been not so much as a cuddle, as a swift kick in the back, face, arm... whatever body part he can reach with his little tae-kwon-do legs. Which, brings me to another point, Oliver's new thing is running around the house "ninja-kicking." We have NO idea where he picked this up, but for now it's rather comical... that is of course, until he ninja-kicks another little kid; we of course will then turn our heads and say, "Wow, he's never done that before..." like all perfect parents :)
Happy Groundhog day!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment