Background

Me and my 3 boys

Me and my 3 boys

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Broken camera :(

Sorry I've not posted in two weeks now. My camera is broken :(

I guess I could still blog a little update on how the Winblad household is surviving these great Kansas winter days...

Lets see, Oliver is getting too big boy-ish for my liking. He's increased his vocabulary in the past two weeks to about 15-20 words now. He LOVES Mickey Mouse even more, which sometimes becomes a problem as he was given 2 Mickey coloring books for Valentine's Day and now during reading time he has to have ALL Mickey books (coloring books included) before he will sit at peace and read others. I love that he is a sharp kiddo, but sometimes I wish I could hand him one Mickey book and he would happily sit and read it, but nope, all 15 Mickey books are out at one time :)

We FINALLY started to download our home movies, that we've not downloaded in over a year, so look forward to some pretty funny videos of our "daredevil."

Work's going really well, I love it more everyday; Cole's been pretty steadily busy, not overkill as he was for about 2-3 months there for awhile.

Can't think of much else to say here, sorry, not a very exciting post, but wanted to keep it going. Oh, Oliver decided to play with my new camera... it's now sitting in a Nikon "repair shop" in some other state, but good news is... whatever is "wrong" with it, it's covered under the warranty, so will hopefully be back soon, woo hoo!

Love to all and God bless :)
Cole, Ashley, and Oliver

OH! UPDATE! Oliver has been falling asleep in his crib for one week now with no cries (other than the initial cry of realization that I'm not standing over his crib, but by the time I've shut the door and walked down the hall he's usually done crying and asleep!!) We could never let him "cry it out." Mainly for 2 reasons, 1: we're push-overs and 2. he's stubborn. So, I decided last week to try it, we read, prayed, and I rocked him for a couple minutes just holding him and then placed him in his crib. No cries, he was asleep within 2-3 minutes, so I've done it everynight since.. no cries and no struggles! Yay! I'm so glad I wasted so much money on all these sleep books, and never took any advice out of any of them, so for all you new mommies, let me know, they're free of charge - you can add them to your, I'm sure already growing, library :)


Oliver and Bella waiting "patiently" for Cole/Daddy to come home from work...

1 comment:

  1. ASHLEY! I love the family blog! Such a cute picture of the kids looking out the window waiting for dad! Oliver is getting so big! We need to get together soon... I'm venturing into the world of cereal and other foods for Drake... and i know you made a lot of your own stuff.... i could use some tips!

    ReplyDelete