Background

Me and my 3 boys

Me and my 3 boys

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mickey, ice cream, laundry basket adventures, and Valentine's!!

First I'll start off with how I found our little guy when he woke on Saturday morning. TO those of you who do not know, I work a few hours in the urgent care on Friday nights, allowing the boys to hang out and have a "boys night" once a week. In doing this, Cole gets Oliver ready for bed, bath, books, and PJs. Well.... when he woke on Saturday morning, the first thing I noticed were his pajamas...



Please know, I am not at all making fun, or criticizing, just simply making not the difference between mommy and daddy :)

Next, Oliver has found the knife honer and has decided it is his very own sword. Yes, I do understand that as a parent I should not allow him to walk around, for the possibility of injury, however, I'm pretty sure running around with a stick has the same "risks." :) He has been known to charge at either Cole or I with this, acting like a strong fighting knight that he really is :)



Now, for those who know us,you know of our weekly trip to Mi Ranchito, the BEST Mexican in KC (per our opinion, no, I am not asking for yours :) ) This is a treat for us, as we are typically eating salad, veggies, fruit, fish, the rest of the week, we tell ourselves it's okay to ruin our entire week of eating for one night of pure eating pleasure. On this night Oliver was treated to a bowl of ice cream from our waitress. (When did adults stop being cute enough for free ice cream?)


He LOVED it!

Laundry day has become a much loved activity for Oliver. I was putting away the rest of the laundry, came into the living room to find no Oliver and no laundry basket. I walked past his room and found this...


I obviously had to get a picture and still laugh when thinking about him taking the laundry basket out of the living room, pushing it into his room, putting as many of his books in that would fit, then climbing in to read in his new "pirate ship."

As many of you know, we have an open pantry in our kitchen. This has become one of Oliver's favorite "activities," which really okay with me b/c it allows me to get supper started, sometimes completely finished, or other kitchen duties finished. Now, know, this only happens when Daddy's not home, as it REALLY bothers daddy (he's always been the neater one...) So, I had to snap a shot, and clean up knowing Cole would walk in any moment :)




Now for Valentines! He had his first Valentine's Day party at his daycare on Thursday, and made out very well. Many of the kids brought little Valentine's Day treats thaty they shared and stored in their little "cat" valentine's day treat holders they made. His most favorite Valentine came from Grammie and Poppie (a Mickey Mouse INSULATED cup!!) (only grandparents can know exactly what a grandchild wants... his new favorite friend on a cup, and insulated so it stays cold ALL the time! -our child has become somewhat picky and likes his water best with ice...) We got to exchange Valentines treats with our most favorite friend Emersyn - and play with some other friends this day as well. We've had a very fun week and look forward to our Valentine's Day together as a family tomorrow. Again, we are so happy to share our little guy with you and give you a glimpse into what our very blessed/crazy life is like, week to week. Enjoy the following pictures of Oliver and his Valentine's Day treats from friends and Grammie and Poppie. Oliver asked if he could go to bed early tonight so mommy and daddy can have a dinner/movie night at home! We were hesitant, but agreed in the end. (What a great kid!)


MICKEY!!


So many Valentine's treats!!


Mom, I tried to put his Valentine card up on the wall, however, he "protested" b/c he knows it's from you guys & has been carrying it around since he opened it :)


Oliver's Valentines "holder" he made at daycare, just looking through his Valentine's from his friends :)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
XOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day!!! Thank you Oliver for the awesome Card you made. Love Uncle Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw he is the cutest kid in the WORLD!!!

    ReplyDelete