Today you woke up totally fine, then by about 10:30 you just wanted to go to sleep (which is completely abnormal for you). I felt your head and you were "burning" up! I took your temperature and you had a 102.3 degree fever. This is the first time for you to get a high fever like this. I am assuming you have a sinus infection or possibly strep throat again. I'm not sure where you got it from, but just praying it goes away, fast! By this evening your medicine started to kick in and you were your normal self, running around and shouting.
There are so many things that I mean to write down, then I get called away by your sweet little voice to come and play, or little Eli's voice to be rocked or fed; that I'm not getting everything written down like I wish. I do want you to know, that whenever you read these, you know that I love you so much. You are definitely a hand full, always keeping me on my toes and out-smarting me, but I adore you. I pray that our relationship is always a close one and you always feel safe to come to me no matter what. I am also praying that this little sickness is working it's way out of you while you're sleeping!!
We went to the library and you did such a great job of sharing the trains! And, if it were up to me, we would have brought every book home to read. You love LOVE to sit and read, and would do it all day if I let you. You also love to be outside, as much as possible, and now that's it's warmer you are getting your wish. Your allergies have seemed to be doing much better, until today; but maybe you're going to grow out of them, wouldn't that be great??
Grammie and Juju came up this weekend for Eli's baby dedication and you loved having them here. Grammie, Poppie, Uncle Cody, Aunt Crystal and Uncle Eric were here last week for Easter and oh man, did you ever get spoiled? Grammie and Poppie took you to see HOP, your first time to go to a movie theater (yes, I still think you were too young, but apparently grandparents can get away with many things..) You seemed to enjoy it. You definitely enjoyed the skittles and juice you were allowed to eat (since you don't get those things at home...).
You are such a great talker. AND!! We went to the park yesterday and you were climbing all over it and going down the slides, and talking to the other boys there!! You had been going through a phase where you were scared of the "ledges" so you wouldn't climb up anymore. But, I climbed up and you followed behind me; and when you did, you were so proud of yourself!! (as was Mommy!!) It was such a great moment to see you proud of an accomplishment you had made.
You are already learning your letters! I think if I would work on them more with you you would know more. But as of right now you can recognize "A, B, C, D, and O" and sometimes "E." You know that "A says Ah, B says Buh (like Buddy), C says (Kah like Cole) and D says duh." And that "O for Oliver." My new favorite quotes by you are, "Are you kidding me?" "Are you serious?" "Mommy, what do you think?" The other day you came in Eli's room while I was in there, came up, kissed my leg and walked to the door, then waved and said, "bye, I'm going to work." You were shutting the door and said, "I'll miss you while I'm at work." You came back in said, "(sigh) I'm finally home from work, I missed you." Then you did it over again, and over again. I loved it!!!
Anytime Eli wakes up from his nap you are the first to shout, "Eli's awake!" You are so great! You haven't really been throwing too many fits lately, which is so nice! I think you're starting to catch on that it doesn't really work with us :)
Today, being sick you have been a rock star. I keep asking you if you don't feel well and you just look at me and say, "I feel okay mommy." :( I don't like you being sick; but am so glad you are doing better; and all the snuggle time we got today!
Love you little man :)
-Mommy
Vintage Chicago Postcards
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment