Background

Me and my 3 boys

Me and my 3 boys

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

To my little Oliver,

I'm not going to lie, this past year has been a very challenging year as a parent. I remember thinking when you were a baby that there was no way you would go through the "terrible twos." You were such a happy baby, all the time! Despite the fact that you never slept, except in 30 minute increments... day and night; but you really were a happy guy.

Now, that you are 2 1/2 years (31 mos to be exact) - you are still a happy guy, just a typical two year old. There are moments when I feel like I don't know how to make you happy or how to not make you upset, and then there are moments where you run up to me and squeeze my leg or put your arms around my neck that just melt my heart. You are such an incredible little guy!! Again, I am amazed at how intelligent you are, at such an early age. My prayer for you is that God will continue to allow your intelligence to grow more and more each day, and that you will grown deeper and deeper in love with our amazing Lord.

I was singing "The B-I-B-L-E' in the car yesterday and you completely finished the song for me. It took me by surprise since I don't think we've sang this song in a long time, but then you told me that you sing it in Sunday school. You love Sunday school! On EAster when I dropped you off for you class you looked at Mr. Slater and said, "Did you know Jesus died on the cross?" And then ran in. :) Every Sunday when I pick you up you tell me that you learned about "Jesus" and "how He is the King of all Kings." :)

It's been warmer, hot actually, so we've been able to play outside a lot, which you love!!!

You still LOVE reading stories and lately your favorites are: "Hop on Pop," "Oliver Finds His Way," "Thomas: A Crack in the Track," "Thomas: Trains, Cranes and Troublesome Trucks," "Cat Skidoo," and many others.

Some new favorite sayings, "I think it's..." "Is the sun up?" - after walking it at 5am too many mornings of the week.. only to be told no; later walking in saying, "the sun is up!" "You silly rascal," "probably.."

Thank you for making my life this much more interesting. Everyday brings a new adventure and I'm having so much fun withyou! Oh, one other think that you have been doing a lot of lately is pretend play! I love to just stand outside your door and listen to you playing with you trains, you even get different voices for each one!! You are very creative!

Love you lots little man,
Mommy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment